Qtranslate Slug is a plugin that extends Qtranslate and allows the existence of permalinks in several languages and fix some Qtranslate deficiencies.
Qtranslate is a nice plugin but unfortunately today is outdated. Qtranslate Slug is an addon to Qtranslate which adds support for permalink translations and fix some Qtranslate deficiencies since wordpress 3.0.
- WordPress 3.3 (PHP 5.2 and MySQL 5)
- Qtranslate 2.5.8
- added multisite support
- fixed some parse url bugs
- fixed slug bases validation
- works with any permalink combination and Qtranslate mode.
- new branch, the plugin has been rewritten: now the code is commented and wrapped inside a class, much code has change and the performance has been increased (use caches).
- data system changed, no ID for slug type, then it don’t needs install
qtrasnlate_slugtable. That means slugs now are stored on meta tables and installation creates a termmeta table with some new core functions to access/save data, based on simple term meta. Upgrade process when the plugin updates from older versions.
- the plugin generates translated slug automatically from title in empty cases.
- the plugin checks if the slug already exists (per each language and
taxonomy), and adds a progressive number in this case. Works on ajax requests for example when new taxonomies are created in edit post page.
- possibility to translate the base of permastructs for post_types and taxonomies, uses$wp_rewrite. New admin options page for save the base permastructs.
- added some filters, see in other notes.
- added plugin language textdomain (.pot file).
- updated Language selector Widget, and some new conventions like accessible functions for templating.
- some bug fixes.
- some Qtranslate patches.
You can also check the project website hosted on GitHub.
If this plugin helped you, also you can donate, thank you very much.